We are pleased to inform you that we are now open again and there are no longer any restrictions, which means that we can accommodate all types of travelers, both business and leisure.
As we welcome you back to our accommodation, we are determined and devoted to employ the highest standards with our apartments’ sanitation to ensure a safe stay for all our guests. We continue to follow the WHO and Robert Koch Institute (RKI) guidelines and protocols to guarantee that we are aligned with the safety precautions in avoiding COVID-19.
Guidelines of your stay
– Please be considerate of each other & keep your distance
– In case of illness or symptoms please stay at home
– Follow the current local regulations for public spaces
– Please wear a mask in public areas
2. Employee boardinghouse
– Are comprehensively trained in the current hygiene regulations
– Wearing face masks in public areas & in contact with guests
– Hold or maintain distance of 1 metre or 2 feet
– Strictly follow the current, local guidelines & hygiene concepts
3. Contactless self-check in
– Contactless self-check in via PIN code
– Cashless payment before check in
– Keypads are disinfected at a higher frequency
– No contact with reception staff necessary
4. In your room
– Additional disinfection of all surfaces
– Disinfected hotel linen
– Paperless equipment
– Only disposable cups available
5. Public areas
– Disinfectant dispenser in the entrance area
– Increased cleaning frequency
– Additional disinfection
– General information & rules of conduct available
Please keep in mind that our current cancellation policy free until 2 days before arrival.
If you have a voucher from your previous cancellation during the COVID-19 restriction dates, you may use them directly on our website.
According to the latest update by the Federal and State government, it has been regulated that there will be — “a gradual opening is sought for the gastronomy, hotel industry, and tourism. As of May 11, 2020, Tourist use and stay in holiday apartments, holiday homes, and on campsites (while respecting the contact restrictions) should be possible again.”
In light of this, we can expect that our guests are aware of the risk of further Coronavirus spread, and as such the risk they are taking when making new reservations, particularly for Non-Refundable bookings.
We will continuously observe and develop our solutions to assure a continued focus on your health and safety. We are monitoring the situation closely and taking action based on the recommendations of the National Government, the World Health Organization (WHO), Robert Koch Institute (RKI) & local authorities and will keep you updated throughout the next weeks.
This is an extraordinary situation for all of us, and we are doing the best to find good solutions for you & your stay. We appreciate your patience and support on this.
We are sending all of you positive energy in this difficult time & sincerely hope that that this crisis will unite us instead of dividing us!
Here are some friendly tips from World Health Organization on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
For more tips, visit World Health Organization’s website at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public